The Zambia Federation of Employers seeks to recruit a qualified Economist to take up the position of Manager Research and Policy Analyst to be based at its Secretariat in Lusaka. The position on offer is a Five ( 5 ) year fixed Term and renewable contract at ZFE Senior Management level. This position directly reports to the Executive Director who is the Chief Executive Officer of the Secretariat and is a key position in the implementation of strategic goals and objectives.
To reliably, timely and professionally advise and update management with researched and statistical information to help the ZFE in its advocacy role on policy matters and business regulations that are relevant for sustainable enterprise and employment creation in the country.
- Analysing key policy developments in various economic sectors of interest to ZFE members,
- Initiating and carrying out surveys and research programmes onto matters pertaining to labour economics, business regulations and other employment matters,
- Advising members through reports and information bulletins on the business and economics policies and trends obtaining, and assessing the impact of such economic policies on business.
- Represent the Federation at National Committees as assigned by the Executive Director,
- Representing the ZFE in stakeholder engagements at both local and International meetings or conferences or seminars to advocate the voice of business,
- Representing the interests of employers with co-operating partners on matters of enterprise development,
- Forecasting current and future economic business trends and maximizing the potential of stakeholders in policy dialogue.
- Contributing to development and implementation of the ZFE Corporate Strategy to ensure the provisions of quality and competitive services to the members in line with the ZFE Corporate Goals and objectives,
- Undertaking research assignments for the Federation on topical issues where ZFE is required to provide input on policy formulation,
- Coordinating the preparation of National Budget Proposals in consultation with ZFE members for submission to the Ministry of Finance and National Development,
- Analysing the impact of Annual National Budgets on the Business Community
- Resource Mobilisation through Project proposal writing for funding by co-operating partners and through Research activities.
- Grade Twelve 12
- First degree in Economics
- Masters in Economics provides an added advantage
- Five (5 ) Years’ Work Experience in a senior Management position
- Computer literate in a number of software packages
- Willing to travel both locally and internationally even at short notice.
Suitably qualified candidates should apply to: The Executive Director, Zambia Federation of Employers, Plot 6662, Mberere Road Olympia, P.O. Box 31941 LUSAKA or Email the applications and detailed CVs to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must reach the Federation not later than Wednesday 23rd February 2022.